JOIN OUR SQUAD!
We are excited that you are considering becoming a Big. You are on the verge of changing the life of a child for the better, forever. Though when, how often and where you see your Little is flexible, we do ask our new Bigs to commit to one year in the match. Consistency is critical to the children we serve.
Here’s what you can expect in the enrollment process.
- APPLY: If you are ready to apply (great!), complete an application. In your application, we need at least three references and details about you. If you aren’t ready to apply, but have some questions, we are happy to talk! Read more here or fill out this inquiry to request more information.
- SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW: After you complete your application, you will receive an e-mail so you can schedule your in-person interview. If e-mail is not a great way to reach you, come back here and use these links to schedule your in-person interview. Just click on your city: Bartlesville, Norman, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Ponca City, Shawnee or Stillwater. It is important that your application be submitted before you schedule your in-person interview.
- When you submit your application, emails go to your references asking them to submit an online questionnaire. Reference response is critical in the process of becoming a Big.
- Attend an in-person interview with an Enrollment Specialist in our local office.
- We conduct background checks.
- You meet your Little! And start helping one child reach their fullest potential.
What happens after I have been matched?
Now the fun begins! Once you are matched, you will meet with your Little consistently. Based on the program you chose, this could be weekly at the child’s school or after school site or a couple times a month outside in the community. You will be required stay in contact with your Program Specialist on a monthly basis for the first year of your match. This is to make sure everything is going great for you and your new Little.
Would you be interested in being a mentor Big Couple?
A Big Couple mentors one child together as a team. If you are in a committed relationship, you can be a Big Couple. One of the most important pieces of our program is consistency, so remember that you are committing to a year with your Little. Talk to your enrollment specialist about being a Big Couple.
Select the program that works for you!
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we have two programs. The first is our Community-Based program where Littles and Bigs are matched to enjoy activities within the community like going to the park, attending a football game or catching a movie. In this program, the Big usually picks up his or her Little at the Little’s home.
In our Site-Based Program, Bigs and Littles meet only at the child’s school. The match uses school facilities like the playground, library and cafeteria for their match activities. Matches meet on a specified day/time each week that works for both the Big and Little. These matches do not meet during school breaks or the summer. We partner with certain schools in each city. Talk to your Enrollment Specialist about what school could work for you.
We need Bigs just like you!
Complete your application now!