Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Stillwater
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, results-driven fundraiser to lead our Stillwater work. The successful candidate will have sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated drive to achieve or exceed goal. There is a lot of opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to raise more money to make more matches.
Our Area Director reports to the statewide CEO. The successful candidate will:
- Be the strategic leader and personal implementer of local fundraising, volunteer recruitment and local BBBSOK relationships. Annual fundraising goal is $120,000+.
- Supervise local staff.
- Monitor site budget and prepare projections and reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate financial information flow to the state office.
- Serve as the face of and an expert on Big Brothers Big Sisters in Stillwater.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships and donors.
- Recruit for and partner with local resource board and committee members to advance the BBBSOK mission in Stillwater.
- Develop new relationships with local potential funders resulting in new gifts to the organization for work in Stillwater.
- Maintain strong relationship with local United Way. Prepare local United Way proposal and coordinate all activities related to the request. Serve as primary contact for United Way agency meetings, speaking requests, etc.
- Work in cooperation with state grant writer on proposals, grant reporting and all foundation communication. Maintain a strong relationship with local representatives of these donations.
- Manage and implement all major fundraising events including Bowl for Kids’ Sake and Big Night.
- Maintain donor history, notes and gift information in donor database.
- Manage a small caseload of matches conducting monthly match support and surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible fundraising or sales experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels in the
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Stillwater Area Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com