Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Together, we are defending potential.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Tulsa, OK
We have an opportunity for an administrative assistant to play an integral role in the administrative, fundraising, and program work of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma. Reporting to the Director of Administration, this position provides general administrative support to the statewide organization while assisting leadership with resource development activities. This position may require nights and weekends for special events and meetings.
Some of the Job Responsibilities
- Conduct administrative duties for statewide CEO, state staff and site area directors
- Manage database for fundraising throughout the state (Classy, Greater Giving and SalesForce) keeping impeccable records
- Become an expert in BBBSOK technology solutions: Greater Giving, Classy, SalesForce and MatchForce
- Prepare timely and appropriate recognition for donors
- Send outgoing invoices, prepare deposits and process incoming invoices for payment
- Solicit or follow up on auction items and restaurant participation for galas as requested.
- Send, receive and enter all program surveys for the state
- Know program activities to serve in those roles as needed (closing matches, obtaining references, conducting match support, etc.)
- Serve as backup for Customer Relations Specialist performing those tasks when CRS is out of office or has a surge in work
- Support social media by scheduling posts and gathering content
- Coordinate statewide mailings and bulk mail administration
- Support statewide special events
- Perform routine operational tasks and maintain supplies to ensure office runs smoothly
- Provide support with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required; related degree preferred.
- A true self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skill.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn software programs.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain privacy of clients, donors, etc.
- Must be able to pass reference check and criminal background check
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject: Statewide Administrative Assistant.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org