Program Specialist in Tulsa
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results that improve the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Tulsa
We have a unique opportunity for a program specialist to interview clients, make matches and conduct match support from our Tulsa office. Successful candidate will drive for excellence with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a caseload of assigned matches and assist statewide colleagues with match support during times of transition or extended leave.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are discussed constructively and in a timely fashion.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in the agency information system according to BBBSOK guidelines.
- Assess training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Implement strategic interventions to maintain and strengthen the match.
- Establish, monitor and meet program goals for match contact, length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interview meetings with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- To support the School-based program, staff will complete the following tasks: cultivate the relationship with school partners and school officials; collaborate with partners to grow the school-based program; conduct volunteer trainings and activities at the school; attend school meetings and/or teacher meetings to promote BBBS.
- Conduct client enrollment tasks according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, including parent/child interviews, child safety education and program orientation and client updates. These child interviews will take place at schools for our site-based program and in the BBBSOK office for our community-based program.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job.
- Follow-up on information as needed to complete enrollment.
- Review all volunteer/client enrollment information and make recommendation for volunteer/client participation in BBBSOK program.
- Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with agency opportunities and needs including recommending a Little for the Big.
More about the job tasks:
- Plan and execute match activities to support the stability of BBBS matches in Tulsa.
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events.
- Assist with recruitment of potential Bigs and Littles and agency events like Taste of Tulsa and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, and special tasks as needed.
- Must be available to work 10:30 am to 7:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am- 5:00 pm on Fridays.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Experience preferred in the following areas: youth development, understanding child safety/negative indicators, working with diverse populations in diverse settings, and/or mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team of individuals all working toward common goals of matching more kids.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will be essential during both the enrollment and match support phases of the job.
- At BBBSOK we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results driven only accepting the best from himself/herself.
- Advanced Proficiency in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Office. Ability to learn BBBSOK proprietary computer program used for documentation of our work.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com