Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Together, we are defending potential.
We are seeking a Program Specialist to join our team in Norman. The successful candidate will have experience in social work or related field, be detail-oriented, personable, goal-driven and have a passion for improving the lives of children. This person will conduct both the enrollment and match support processes within our program both in the local community and statewide. This person will assist the Area Director with office administrative and resource development tasks.
- Build rapport with Norman Public School representatives to garner trust and mutual benefit between BBBSOK and the school.
- Recruit children into the BBBSOK program at Norman elementary schools.
- Conduct volunteer training and activities at the school.
- Attend school meetings and/or teacher meetings to promote BBBS and recruit children.
- Enroll children according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, including child interviews, child safety education and program orientation.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job.
- Follow-up on information as needed to complete enrollment.
- Match children with an adult mentor based on mutual interests and likes.
- Gain approval from all parties of potential matches and host Match Introductions.
- Through in-person or phone conversations, ensure that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are discussed constructively and in a timely fashion.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in the BBBSOK program software MatchForce according to BBBSOK guidelines.
- Assess training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Implement strategic interventions to maintain and strengthen the match.
- Establish, monitor and meet program goals for match contact, length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interview meetings with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
More job tasks:
- Program data entry into MatchForce, keeping impeccable records.
- Assist with the development and promotion of match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement.
- Assist with local fundraising events.
- Assist with match support throughout the state as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple technology platforms required for success in the job (Acuity, MatchForce, Microsoft Suite).
- Experience with youth development; understanding child safety/negative indicators; working with diverse populations in diverse settings; and/or mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team of individuals all working toward common goals.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will be essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain privacy and security of confidential information
- At BBBSOK we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results-driven only accepting the best from him/herself.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org