Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
We are seeking a Program Specialist to join our team in Tulsa. The successful candidate will have experience in social work or related field, be detail oriented, personable, goal driven and have a passion for improving the lives of children in the Tulsa area.
Using discretion and independent judgment, ensure that all Tulsa volunteers and clients receive an engaging, positive and personalized experience by:
- Conduct adult volunteer and child enrollment tasks according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, child safety education, pre-match introduction, program orientation and client updates.
- Follow-up on information as needed to complete enrollment.
- Review all client enrollment information and make recommendation for client participation in BBBSOK program.
- Make recommendations for Big and Little matches, conduct introduction calls to Bigs and Littles to obtain approval and conduct match introductions.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are discussed constructively and in a timely fashion.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in the agency database according to BBBSOK guidelines.
- Assess training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Implement strategic interventions to maintain and strengthen match.
- Establish, monitor and meet program goals for match contact, length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interview meetings with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- School-based Match Support staff will complete the following tasks: cultivate the relationship with school partners and school officials; collaborate with partners to grow the school-based program; conduct volunteer trainings and activities at the school; attend school meetings and/or teacher meetings to promote BBBS.
More about the job tasks:
- Assist with the development of match activities and promote match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement.
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events.
- Assist with recruitment of potential Bigs and Littles, and support agency events like Taste of Tulsa and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, and special tasks as needed.
- Like all positions, Program Specialists will complete additional duties for the local and statewide agency as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Must use a high level of discretion and independent judgment to perform job duties.
- Experience with Sales Force a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple technology platforms required for success in the job (Acuity, MatchForce, Microsoft Suite).
- Experience with youth development; understanding child safety/negative indicators; working with diverse populations in diverse settings; and/or mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with self-motivation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will be essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain privacy and security of confidential information
- At BBBSOK we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results driven only accepting the best from him/herself.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com