Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is searching for a new member of our management team as our Program Director. This leadership role will oversee the entire program of providing one-to-one mentoring to children facing adversity. The successful candidate will be goal driven with high expectations for him/herself and others. This position is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Required experience includes guiding a program where child safety is paramount, managing a team of professional staff, strategic planning for growth and achieving set program goals. Experience with providing impeccable customer service, dealing with complex situations and critical thinking is required. Experience using technology to implement a complex program is a plus. Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the agency and sits on the management team.
- Lead and facilitate statewide Big Brothers Big Sisters program to provide matches between fully vetted adult volunteers and qualified children and support those matches through closure with impeccably documented and customer-focused match support always keeping child safety paramount.
- Train program staff in all areas of program and manage their work to highest standards. Execute the program with the utmost precision to both increase the number of quality matches and sustain matches longer through superior match support.
- Ensure implementation of program procedures, policies and overall strategic initiatives.
- Assess staff development needs and provide training opportunities for program staff.
- Know the outcomes and program metrics and provide data to colleagues in fundraising for use in proposals and presentations.
- Identify problems and shortfalls then elevate appropriately for problem solving.
- Regularly report and analyze program metrics, such as volunteer inquiries, volunteer yield rate, numbers of waiting children, demographic breakdowns of waiting children, including Amachi waiting children, potential number of new matches, new matches, support contacts, match retention, active matches and children served.
- Review and update program procedures to meet or exceed all National BBBSA standards and maximize efficiencies in the program while maintaining child safety.
- Oversee and provide clear processes for survey administration to obtain the most accurate data possible for outcome measurement and analyze data results to provide reports for BBBSOK staff and leadership volunteers.
- Assess caseload contact levels and determine caseload planning strategies and techniques for match support staff.
- Monitor lists of individuals in each step of our process to ensure timely movement through the process. Make sure queues are up-to-date at all times.
- Monitor and interpret queues in Matchforce (BBBS proprietary software system) and enrollment interview schedules to identify potential barriers and areas for improvement and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date on all child safety information and procedures and ensure implementation by all program staff.
- Interface with recruitment and development staff to analyze yield of recruitment efforts.
- Monitor background check system to maintain efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social services.
- Prior management experience required with ability to recruit and train new staff, coach staff not meeting performance metrics and conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team setting, solve complex problems and exceed program goals.
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Experience with managing remotely a plus.
- Proficiency in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Office and experience with Salesforce a plus.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to email listed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org