Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Together, we are defending potential.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Tulsa, OK
We have an opportunity for a part-time (20 hours a week – pays $13.00/hour) administrative assistant to play an integral role in the administrative, fundraising, and program work of the Tulsa office. Reporting to the Tulsa Area Director, this position provides general administrative support to the office while assisting office leadership with resource development activities. This position is 20 hours per week with some flexibility in scheduling and may require nights and weekends for special events and meetings.
Some of the Job Responsibilities
- Conduct data entry and information management for fundraising activities
- Send outgoing invoices, prepare deposits and process incoming invoices for payment
- Schedule appointments for the Area Director
- Prepare meeting agendas, materials and minutes
- Assist with solicitation of in-kind items
- Contact and assist with coordination participation of partners for events, point of sale, and other opportunities
- Contact vendors to participate in point of sale or other opportunities and deliver materials
- Provide support for special events
- Prepare timely and appropriate recognition for donors
- Serve as office receptionist by answering the phone and greeting guests
- Handle and process incoming mail
- Perform routine operational tasks and maintain supplies to ensure office runs smoothly
- Provide support with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend programming and recruitment events as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required; related degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skill.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- A true self starter
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain privacy of clients, donors, etc.
- Experience with fundraising software preferred.
- Must be able to pass reference check and criminal background check
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Tulsa Resource Development Assistant.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com