Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Resource Development Assistant in OKC
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the OKC BBBSOK Team
We have an opportunity for a skilled, results-driven individual to join our Oklahoma City team. Reporting to the Oklahoma City Area Director, this position assists in event logistics, soliciting in-kind and monetary donations, maintaining a strong social media presence for the agency, and recruiting new volunteers. This position works on projects for our Oklahoma City, Norman and Shawnee offices as well as assists statewide when needed.
A Sample of the Job Responsibilities
- Oversee event logistics including but not limited to: coordinating with event venues, scheduling and coordinating with vendors, production of event collateral (in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communication), scheduling and coordinating event setup and teardown.
- Solicit auction items, raffle prizes, and giveaways for Galas, For Kids’ Sake and the BBBS Golf Tournament.
- Execute sponsor benefits and prepare return on investment portfolios for sponsors.
- Manage all OKC and Shawnee social media platforms (daily weekday FB posts, weekly Instagram, weekly twitter)
- Maintain event websites and databases.
- Assist the Area Director by scheduling appointments with new and existing donors
- Coordinate stewardship items for Norman, OKC and Shawnee for donors and assist with deliveries in OKC.
- Recruit new For Kids’ Sake teams in OKC, Norman and Shawnee.
- Look for financial and in-kind donor prospects in the assigned cities.
- Solicit in-kind items to offer to our matches so that they have the option of quality no-cost-to-them match activities in Norman, OKC, Stillwater and Shawnee (aquarium tickets, zoo passes, ballet tickets, etc).
- Assist the Area Director and Program team in organizing, executing and cleaning up quarterly match activities for current matches.
- Organize recruitment events that attract our target audiences of Big Brothers (especially minority Big Brothers) and Little Sisters.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Skilled and comfortable with cold calling for donations (mostly auction items, but some monetary requests also)
- Previous experience in event planning and organization
- Demonstrated ability to organize work for excellent results
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent public speaking and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead and inspire volunteers to action
- Ability to travel within central Oklahoma (OKC metro, Norman, Shawnee, Stillwater)
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org