Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Tulsa
We have a great opportunity for a Director of Accounting to join our team at BBBSOK. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the accounting field, report to the CEO and be responsible for all accounting for the statewide organization.
Must be comfortable as a single accounting professional in an organization overseeing all aspects of the function with oversight from the CEO and Finance Committee.
- Record all deposits, payables and receivables.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements and corporate credit card accounts.
- Create and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and execute all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Create accounting entries required to record activity not generated by automated systems, including month-end close procedures.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee; assess any changes necessary.
- Coordinate annual budgeting and process in conjunction with the CEO.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices as needed.
- Prepare budgets and reports for grantors as required for government grants and other funders.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Finance Committee.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- At least three years of overall professional experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and proficiency in preparing financial statements.
- Ability to review detailed financial data and analyze for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with – program and fundraising colleagues who do not have finance backgrounds.
- Technologically savvy with knowledge of accounting/reporting software and strong Microsoft Office product knowledge.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the BBBS mission.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com