Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Oklahoma City
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, results-driven fundraiser to lead our Oklahoma City work. The successful candidate will have sales or fundraising experience with a demonstrated drive to achieve or exceed the goal. There is a lot of opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to raise more money to make more matches.
Our Development Director reports to the statewide CEO. The successful candidate will:
- Be the market leader. Responsible for the overall health of the local office.
- Serve as a direct supervisor for program and administrative staff in the OKC office.
- Be the strategic leader and personal implementer of local fundraising, volunteer recruitment and local BBBSOK relationships.
- Manage and implement all major fundraising events for the site including For Kids’ Sake and Taste of OKC
- Recruit Bigs and Littles for our programming through strategic efforts.
- Monitor the site budget and prepare projections and reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate financial information flow to the state office. Note: All accounting and bookkeeping functions will be handled at the state office.
- Serve as the face of and expert on Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma in Oklahoma City.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships and donors.
- Recruit for, manage and collaborate with local resource board and committee members.
- Develop new relationships with local potential funders resulting in new gifts to the organization for work in Oklahoma City.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the local United Way. Partner with a statewide grant writer to prepare local United Way proposal/budget and coordinate all activities related to the request. Serve as the primary contact for United Way agency meetings, speaking requests, etc.
- Work in cooperation with state grant writer on funding proposals, grant reporting and all foundation communication. Maintain a strong relationship with local representatives of foundations.
- Maintain donor history, notes and gift information in the donor database.
- Like all positions, the Development Director will complete additional duties for the local and statewide agency as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible fundraising or sales experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels in the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, including balancing multiple needs and interests
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- At BBBSOK, we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results-driven only accepting the best from him/herself.
- Advanced Proficiency in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new computer, web-based programs. Experience in SalesForce, Greater Giving or Classy is a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Oklahoma City Area Director.
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org