AmeriCorps VISTA is a national community service program offering an Education Award, living allowance, and other benefits to members. The AmeriCorps VISTA mission is to strengthen organizations that alleviate poverty through the mobilization of resources. VISTA members receive a living allowance of $13,362 a year paid in equal installments every other week.
Assist with planning, implementing, and directing a comprehensive program to raise awareness of BBBSOK in Shawnee, recruit Bigs and Littles and raise funds for the program. Will include assisting with the management and development of a comprehensive community awareness campaign. An essential part of the position will be to recruit new Bigs and Littles in Shawnee and escort them through the process to being matched. A vital part of the position will be to identify ways to promote the BBBS program in Shawnee and implement those methods. Assist with fundraising, donor development, and special events through donor support, company recruitment and promoting of BFKS. This position works in the Shawnee office and reports to the Shawnee Area Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- College hours toward and/or Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field, or
- Two years of experience in the field of social media management, community relations, or fund development
Skills and Abilities Required
- Effective communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities, follow through with assignments, and function under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Team player qualities a must, positive attitude and good work ethic
- Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be proactive and a strong finisher in developing and executing projects
- Familiarity and comfort with Facebook
To apply, send resume to email@example.com with VISTA in subject.
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org