FULL TIME POSITION
Join the BBBSOK Team in Tulsa, OK
We have an opportunity for an administrative assistant to play an integral role in the administrative, fundraising, and program work of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma. Reporting to the Director of Administration, this position provides general administrative support to the statewide organization while assisting leadership with resource development activities. This position may require nights and weekends for special events and meetings.
Some of the Job Responsibilities
- Conduct administrative duties for statewide CEO, state staff and site area directors
- Manage database for fundraising throughout the state (Classy, Greater Giving and SalesForce) keeping impeccable records
- Become an expert in BBBSOK technology solutions: Greater Giving, Classy, SalesForce and MatchForce
- Prepare timely and appropriate recognition for donors
- Send outgoing invoices, prepare deposits and process incoming invoices for payment
- Solicit or follow up on auction items and restaurant participation for galas as requested.
- Send, receive and enter all program surveys for the state
- Know program activities to serve in those roles as needed (closing matches, obtaining references, conducting match support, etc.)
- Serve as backup for Customer Relations Specialist performing those tasks when CRS is out of office or has a surge in work
- Support social media by scheduling posts and gathering content
- Coordinate statewide mailings and bulk mail administration
- Support statewide special events
- Perform routine operational tasks and maintain supplies to ensure office runs smoothly
- Provide support with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required; related degree preferred.
- A true self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skill.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn software programs.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain privacy of clients, donors, etc.
- Must be able to pass reference check and criminal background check
BBBSOK is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status as established by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Statewide Administrative Assistant.
FULL TIME POSITION
We are seeking a Program Specialist to join our team in Tulsa. The successful candidate will have experience in social work or related field, be detail oriented, personable, goal driven and have a passion for improving the lives of children in the Tulsa area.
Using discretion and independent judgment, ensure that all Tulsa volunteers and clients receive an engaging, positive and personalized experience by:
- Conduct adult volunteer and child enrollment tasks according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, child safety education, pre-match introduction, program orientation and client updates.
- Follow-up on information as needed to complete enrollment.
- Review all client enrollment information and make recommendation for client participation in BBBSOK program.
- Make recommendations for Big and Little matches, conduct introduction calls to Bigs and Littles to obtain approval and conduct match introductions.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are discussed constructively and in a timely fashion.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in the agency database according to BBBSOK guidelines.
- Assess training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Implement strategic interventions to maintain and strengthen match.
- Establish, monitor and meet program goals for match contact, length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interview meetings with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- School-based Match Support staff will complete the following tasks: cultivate the relationship with school partners and school officials; collaborate with partners to grow the school-based program; conduct volunteer trainings and activities at the school; attend school meetings and/or teacher meetings to promote BBBS.
More about the job tasks:
- Assist with the development of match activities and promote match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement.
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events.
- Assist with recruitment of potential Bigs and Littles, and support agency events like Taste of Tulsa and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, and special tasks as needed.
- Like all positions, Program Specialists will complete additional duties for the local and statewide agency as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Must use a high level of discretion and independent judgment to perform job duties.
- Experience with Sales Force a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple technology platforms required for success in the job (Acuity, MatchForce, Microsoft Suite).
- Experience with youth development; understanding child safety/negative indicators; working with diverse populations in diverse settings; and/or mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with self-motivation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will be essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain privacy and security of confidential information
- At BBBSOK we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results driven only accepting the best from him/herself.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.