Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is seeking a driven, self-starter to join our team in Tulsa to recruit Bigs and Littles for our one-to-one mentoring program. Our ideal candidate will have volunteer recruitment or sales experience with proven results. Successful candidate will report to our Area Director in Tulsa and serve as a member of the Resource Development team. This position develops and implements strategies and activities to recruit volunteers for BBBSOK programs, with particular emphasis on targeted demographics such as children of incarcerated parents, Big Brothers and Little Sisters.
- Working with BBBSOK state marketing staff, develop and implement marketing and recruitment plan to build awareness of BBBSOK need for volunteers and BBBSOK services for children in Tulsa.
- Develop and implement plan to recruit volunteers and build community presence.
- Organize recruitment events that attract our target audience of Big Brothers, especially minority Big Brothers.
- Collect and analyze data to determine possible recruitment sources.
- Guide Big Brothers through our volunteer enrollment process from inquiry to match, keeping them engaged and interested throughout the process. Take extra care to make sure they attend their interview with personalized reminders.
- Organize and implement monthly match activities for current matches.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with companies and organizations for the purpose of recruiting volunteers, raising community awareness and raising funds.
- Meet monthly and annual goals for new volunteer recruits and quality community engagement and regularly report progress on recruitment plan.
- Organize and execute “Big for a Day” events with co-identified companies.
- Serve as the agency’s primary spokesperson for United Way presentations, health fairs, community booths, civic clubs, etc. Proactively find these opportunities for the agency.
- Learn two web-based software programs to track donors and volunteers. In some cases, input data into systems.
- Assist with fundraising events including personal attendance and helping with pre-event activities and fundraising.
- Set up, develop, and implement volunteer trainings for Bigs on subjects like child safety, the teenage years and other requested topics.
- Organize manage and lead volunteer roundtables where Bigs have an opportunity to share what’s working in their match and hear what works for others.
- Solicit in-kind items to offer to our matches so that they have the option of quality no-cost-to-them match activities in the community (aquarium tickets, zoo passes, ballet tickets, etc).
- Assist in stewardship of current volunteers to gain further involvement from them personally in Bowl For Kids’ Sake fundraising campaign or from their companies as sponsors.
- Lead the Big Development committee, a supporting committee designed to increase recruitment and increase general organization awareness.
- Assist the Match Support team with strengthening school relationships to recruit Littles for our site-based and community-based program.
- General outreach and relationship-building for the benefit of BBBSOK programs and matches
- Organize and implement Cigar-B-Que, an annual vision event, including soliciting in-kind all needed materials for the successful event, recruiting attendees and securing sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, marketing or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in volunteer recruitment, volunteer services and planning, marketing, sales or related field, or equivalent experience and training
- Volunteer recruitment experience in a non-profit setting a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Public speaking and demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize with excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated “go-getter” that is results driven
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with multiple groups on projects
- Ability to travel locally on a regular basis and statewide on occasion
- Evening and weekend hours are required
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Volunteer Recruiter in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com