Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Our agency is statewide with headquarters in Tulsa and service delivery offices in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Norman, Ponca City, Stillwater, Shawnee and Bartlesville.
Join the BBBSOK Team
We have a great opportunity for a proven finance and administration lead to join our senior leadership team at BBBSOK. The successful candidate will be a strategic thought partner and report to the CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources and administration.
The Vice President of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as BBBSOK continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. There is opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to raise more money to make more matches.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Governing Board Finance Committee; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep staff leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operation requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Finance Committee and Governing Board.
Human Resources and Administration
- Further develop BBBSOK’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive onboarding program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Work closely with the CEO to achieve organizational goals and objectives, serving as a thought partner and organizational leader.
- Foster a strong, high-performance culture reflecting mission and core values.
- Manage internal processes to develop and implement changes and new approaches to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work with the Governing Board; present to the Board at meetings and serve on Board committees as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree or CPA preferred.
- At least seven years of overall professional experience – ideally six or more years of broad financial and operations management experience in a non-profit environment.
- Ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
- Proven results in grant management.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with – program and fundraising colleagues who do not have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to implementing best practices in human resources.
- Successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the BBBS mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSOK provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Please send cover letter, salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: VP Finance and Administration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com