Are you ready to join an organization changing the lives of children facing adversity for the better, forever? Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking leader to join our team in our Shawnee office. The successful candidate will have strong, proven successful experience in personally-driven sales or fundraising and recruitment of volunteers. The Area Director is part time and works from the local office in Shawnee as the market leader.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the strategic leader of local resource development, volunteer recruitment and program growth
- Serve as the face of Big Brothers Big Sisters in Shawnee and surrounding communities
- Develop and cultivate partnerships and donors
- Recruit for and partner with local resource committee members
- Develop and execute recruitment efforts for Bigs and Littles constantly bringing in new prospects for the program
- Develop new relationships with local potential funders resulting in new gifts to the organization
- Maintain donor history, notes and gift information in donor database
- Positively and effectively communicate resource goals and foster committed participation from local donors and volunteers
- Maintain strong relationship with local United Way. Prepare local United Way proposal/budget and coordinate all activities related to the request. Serve as primary contact for United Way agency meetings, speaking requests, etc.
- Work in cooperation with state grant writer and supervisor on major funding proposals, grant reporting and all foundation communication. Maintain a strong relationship with local representatives of foundations
- Manage and implement all major fundraising events for the site including but not limited to Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- Monitor site budget and prepare projections and reports to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate financial information flow to the state office; Note: All accounting and bookkeeping functions will be handled at the state office
- Work with program staff to develop and reach match growth goals in conjunction with the BBBSOK strategic plan
- Along with program manager, provide leadership to and coordination of site office, including all administrative functions of resource and program staff; i.e. facilitating internal staff meetings, disseminating agendas. Serve as the market leader.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible resource development experience
- Supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels in the organization
- Demonstrates the ability to provide vision and leadership
- Good public speaking and negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, including balancing multiple needs and interests
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to travel within Shawnee area on a regular basis and occasionally to Tulsa or OKC
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a part-time position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com