Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
We are growing at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma! We are seeking a Program Specialist to join our team in Tulsa. The successful candidate will have experience in social work or related field, be detail oriented, personable, goal driven and have a passion for improving the lives of children in the Tulsa area. This person will conduct both the enrollment and match support processes within our program.
- Conduct volunteer enrollment tasks according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, including individual orientations, interviews, profiles, pre-match introduction, and volunteer updates.
- Conduct client enrollment tasks according to BBBSOK policies and procedures, including parent/child interviews, child safety education and program orientation and client updates.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job.
- Follow-up on information as needed to complete enrollment.
- Review all volunteer/client enrollment information and make recommendation for volunteer/client participation in BBBSOK program.
- Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with agency opportunities and needs including recommending a Little for the Big.
- Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are discussed constructively and in a timely fashion.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision in the agency information system according to BBBSOK guidelines.
- Assess training, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Apply child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Implement strategic interventions to maintain and strengthen match.
- Establish, monitor and meet program goals for match contact, length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interview meetings with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- School-based Match Support staff will complete the following tasks: cultivate the relationship with school partners and school officials; collaborate with partners to grow the school-based program; conduct volunteer trainings and activities at the school; attend school meetings and/or teacher meetings to promote BBBS.
More about the job tasks:
- Assist with the development of match activities and promote match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement.
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events.
- Assist with recruitment of potential Bigs and Littles, agency events like Taste of Tulsa and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, and special tasks as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree required preferably in social services.
- Experience with youth development; understanding child safety/negative indicators; working with diverse populations in diverse settings; and/or mentoring relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team of individuals all working toward common goals of matching more kids.
- Excellent problem-solving skills will be essential during both the enrollment and match support phases of the job.
- At BBBSOK we take our goals very seriously because they mean lives changed for the better, forever. Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and results driven only accepting the best from him/herself.
- Advanced Proficiency in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new computer, web-based programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org