Website Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Join the BBBSOK Team in Ponca City, OK.
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, results-driven fundraiser to lead our Ponca City work. The successful candidate will have sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated drive to achieve or exceed goal plus the ability to personally execute all program functions. There’s lots of opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to raise more money to make more matches.
Our Area Director reports to the Regional Area Director. The successful candidate will:
- Be the strategic leader and personal implementer of local fundraising, volunteer recruitment and program execution.
- Monitor site budget and prepare projections and reports for supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate financial information flow to the state office. Note: All accounting and bookkeeping functions will be handled at the state office.
- Serve as the face of and expert on Big Brothers Big Sisters in Ponca City.
Resource Development Work
- Develop and cultivate partnerships and donors.
- Recruit for and partner with local resource committee members.
- Develop new relationships with local potential funders resulting in new gifts to the organization for work in Ponca City.
- Maintain strong relationship with local United Way. Prepare local United Way proposal/budget and coordinate all activities related to the request. Serve as primary contact for United Way agency meetings, speaking requests, etc.
- Work in cooperation with state grant writer funding proposals, grant reporting and all foundation communication. Maintain a strong relationship with local representatives of foundations.
- Manage and implement all major fundraising events for the site including but not limited to Bowl for Kids’ Sake.
- Maintain donor history, notes and gift information in donor database
- Develop and execute recruitment efforts for Bigs and Littles constantly bringing in new prospects for the program.
- Enroll new Bigs and Littles with speed and prompt follow up adhering to all BBBSOK guidelines and policies.
- Provide timely and appropriate match support.
- Meet or exceed all program metrics including new matches made and enrollment timeliness.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible fundraising, sales or program experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels in the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, including balancing multiple needs and interests
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Ponca City Area Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com