Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results of improving the lives of our Littles for the better, forever. Together, we are defending potential.
Join the BBBSOK Team in Stillwater, OK
We have an opportunity for a part-time (15 hours a week) resource development assistant who will help with the Stillwater and Ponca City BBBSOK work. Reporting to the Regional Area Director, this position provides general administrative support to the office while assisting office leadership with resource development activities. This position is approximately 15 hours per week with some flexibility in scheduling and may require nights and weekends for special events and meetings.
Some of the Job Responsibilities
- Solicit in-kind items for match activities and assist with match events
- Contact vendors to participate in point of sale or other opportunities and deliver materials
- Contact and coordinate partners for events
- Serve as office receptionist by answering the phone and greeting guests
- Send outgoing invoices, prepare deposits and process incoming invoices for payment
- Schedule appointments for the Regional Area Director
- Attend recruiting events in Stillwater to help recruit new Bigs
- Maintain office supplies
- Conduct data entry and information management for fundraising activities
- Handle and process incoming mail
- Prepare timely and appropriate recognition for donors
- Provide support for special events
- Prepare meeting agendas, materials and minutes
- Perform routine operational tasks and maintain supplies to ensure office runs smoothly
- Coordinate work-study students and special project volunteers; submit required paperwork as needed
- Provide support with special BBBSOK projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required; related degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills, able to manage multiple projects, produce quality work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain privacy of clients, donors, etc.
- Experience with fundraising software preferred.
- Must be able to pass reference check and criminal background check
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Stillwater Resource Development Assistant.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com