Website Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma is in the business of changing lives. We match children facing adversity (we call them Littles) with caring adult role models (we call them Bigs). Our Bigs share experiences with our Littles that expand their world in new ways. Our life-shaping results are proven through measured outcomes that show tangible results that improve the lives of our Littles for the better, forever.
Join the Tulsa BBBSOK Team
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, results-driven fundraiser to join our Tulsa team. The successful candidate will have sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated drive to achieve or exceed goal. Reporting to the Tulsa Area Director, this position plays the primary role in planning and implementing the annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake campaign and assists in all aspects of the Taste of Tulsa gala. There’s lots of opportunity for creativity and proactivity at BBBSOK as we work to raise more money to make more matches.
A Sample of the Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of Bowl for Kids’ Sake to achieve fundraising goal by soliciting sponsorship and recruiting companies, team captains and bowlers and showing them how to achieve maximum fundraising success.
- Maintain event website and database.
- Execute sponsor benefits, prepare return on investment portfolios and steward donors.
- Serve as facilitating liaison to BBBSOK Bowl for Kids’ Sake board committee.
- Solicit sponsorships, auction items and ticket sales for the annual Taste of Tulsa gala.
- Secure additional funding for the agency from companies, foundations, individuals and other sources to achieve overall fundraising goal, as well as implement stewardship of donors.
- Organize and implement Cigar-B-Que, an annual vision event, including soliciting in-kind all needed materials for the successful event, securing sponsorships, recruiting attendees and selling tickets.
- Lead the Big Development committee, a supporting committee designed to increase recruitment and increase general organization awareness.
- Serve as the agency’s primary spokesperson for presentations, health fairs, community booths, civic clubs, etc. Proactively find these opportunities for the agency.
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous sales or fundraising experience with demonstrated results
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent public speaking and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead and inspire volunteers to action
- Ability to travel within the Tulsa metro
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org